Friday, June 5, 2009

Fixed gear bike cupcakes







I'm so proud of this batch. I have lots to talk about but no time. Please enjoy the pics for now......

a month later...So I thought I'd re-visit this awesome fondant fixie. This was my second attempt at fondant cupcake decorating and I must say, it turn out pretty darn good. The time and effort expended was blog entry worthy, I must say.


I started riding fixed gear a couple of months ago and I picked up on it quickly. I was intimidated at first since I have only been back on a bike since the beginning of 2009. Of course a non-fixed gear. I invested in a second hand road bike and rebuilt it with my boyfriend.

It all started when he introduced me to his bike. He wanted to rebuild his road bike and he asked me to assist. I remembered looking at the bike and not knowing where to start, it wasn't very long after we had a finished product. He never parted with the bike henceforth. Okay, because it was his only reliable transportation besides Bart, but above all, he loves to go on rides with other fixed gear heads and since it is a single speed, you can ride faster... can you imagine the rush? It was like re-discovering his childhood. Plus, he is in an unbelievably great shape and I'm all for staying fit. Since then I've been on several mini rides with him, I loved every minute of it and consequently I decided to make a fondant fixed gear, mimicking his own.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Now these look YUM!

BambooTori said...

I like your work! These are fantastic!